A quaint English cafe, scones with jam and clotted cream and some tea to sip. That’s how I had imagined my first tryst with the scone. It did happen exactly like I had imagined, only the quaint English cafe was right here in my neighborhood.
I still go there, to drink a cup of tea and eat some scones and to chat with the Gentleman who owns the place. I don’t really remember what he says, for I always am engrossed in his oh so British accent! I only hope that if he ever asks me a question I am able to gather enough wits to answer.
In all of my visits to this cafe, I have always thought about asking him for a recipe for their scones. Someday, when I am not too smitten with the accent I might actually ask. Until then, there is always Mark Bittman and his classic scones. The recipe works like a charm.
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes–be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Banana Pudding Bars from Study at Home Mama
- Cherry and Chocolate Chip Scones from Spiceroots
- Chocolate Andes Mint Chip Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Stout and Pretzel Cookies from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Flourless Dark Chocolate Espresso Oatmeal Cookies from Rhubarb and Honey
- Gourmet Iced Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hazelnut Espresso Cookies from 2 Cookin’ Mamas
- Lemon Bits Oatmeal Cookies from Our Good Life
- Nibbed Caramel Blondies from What Smells So Good?
- Nutty Bits Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies from Noshing With The Nolands
- Rocky Road Cookies from Upstate Ramblings
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Strawberry n White Choc Chunk Blondies from Baking in Pyjamas
- Trail Mix Cookies from Holly at A Baker’s House
- Uncle Hector’s 100 Cookies from Food Lust People Love