In the life of a home baker are many projects that get duly noted, marked, bookmarked and then completely sidetracked. Because in the life of a homebaker are also new projects that catch her imagination and then those get noted, marked and book marked. And. The. Cycle. Continues.
However, sometime in the life of a home baker comes a time, when one of those projects calls from the deepest folds of the notebook (yes! we still use those around here) and implores to be completed.
With the promises of a great bake and a stunning looking loaf the Povitica was calling. Which meant that master-plan for the Cornucopia bread, that was planned for the November Breadbakers event was to be put in the deepest confines of the notebook and the Povitica was made to surface. Since the theme this month is Festive, Special and something that we would bring to a family dinner, I was torn between choosing the cornucopia and the Povitca. Ultimately the Povitica won because it had been waiting longer.
Pronounced Po vi Tee zah , this sweet bread from Eastern Europe is delicious as it is beautiful. A sweet yeast dough, that is rolled out thin and spread over with a paste of nuts and cocoa and then rolled into a log and baked in a loaf pan. The characteristic shape comes from the rolling and the way you lay the rolled log into the pan.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s take a look at what my fellow bakers have baked for this month’s Family Feast Breads event that was hosted by Pavani who blogs at Cook’s Hideout
- Butterflake Rolls from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cardamom Fig Braid from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Challah Bread from la cocina de Aisha
- Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Buns from Food Lust People Love
- Chicken in a Blanket from Sneha’s Recipe
- Classic Dinner Rolls from A Baker’s House
- Cloverleaf Rolls from En La Cocina de Caro
- Cranberry & Orange Spice Bread from Baking in Pyjamas
- Eggless Coconut Pineapple Quick Bread from Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Edible Bread Basket from Passion Kneaded
- Mallorcan Ensaimadas from Ruchik Randhap
- Meyer Lemon & Cranberry Einkorn Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Pear Pie Cinnamon Rolls from From Gate to Plate
- Poppy Seed Coiled Challah from Bakingyummies
- Poppyseed Roll from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Povitica from Spiceroots
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls from Cook’s Hideout
- Pumpkin Yeast Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Rose-shaped Buns from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Savory Cheddar Honey Butter Rolls from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Simple High Fibre Baguettes from What Smells So Good?
- Smoked Cheddar Caramelized Onion Dinner Rolls from Noshing With The Nolands
- Sweet Dumpling Squash Drop Biscuits from Magnolia Days
- Thanksgiving Wreath Braided Bread Centerpiece from Pastry Chef Online