Sun kissed beaches, glorious ocean waves and a big sip of a tropical drink. That’s how I picture a tropical vacation which is the theme for our BundtBakers this month. The theme made me think of Raspberry Mojito Bundt Cake only after I had exhausted my options and myself in making a kick ass mango coconut bundt cake. I tried. I really did.
But tropical themed cakes and me don’t see eye to eye in first or the second try. Guys! I repeated the story that I had with my Tropical surprise bundt cake! As they say, third time is a charm. But this time, I did a complete change of plans and instead of mango and coconut which are my absolute favorite tropical flavors, I chose to go with a Raspberry Mojito Bundt Cake.
My mango and coconut cake was baked well, came out of the pan ok. But it just didn’t have enough mango or coconut flavor. The whole exercise seemed pointless. I mean why add mango and coconut if you cant even taste them. So I baked again, this time adding more mango and some mango puree and some more coconut. You should have seen the mess it was after baking. It looked like a well baked cake, only it was not. The portions around mango chunks were too moist and the rest of the cake too dry. So I scratched the idea. And decided to go with a different cake.
I am so totally glad that I did. At one point I just gave up and said I won’t do it this month. But then I didn’t want to be defeated by a cake, so I put my big girl pants on and started on this cake. And the resulting cake is every bit a Raspberry Mojito, only in the Bundt Cake form! And to top it, Colorado has been sunny and warm this past week, so it feels like a vacation. Only not near the beach.
Since the cake tasted so much like the real deal, I decided to go a step further and make some candied raspberries and mint leaves. It was a lot of fun to do while the cake was cooling. And the resulting raspberries look so pretty!
Many thanks to Christiane for this wonderful theme. It made a lot of bundt bakers wish they were on a real vacation. Christiane blogs at The Mom Chef : Taking on Magazines. I can’t wait to check out what the rest of the bakers have made this month. And hope you check out their posts as well.
Here they are in Alphabetical Order!
- Banana Coconut Pineapple Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Banana Pineapple Mini Bundt Cakes by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Banana Rum Cake by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Bounty Bundt Cake by Baking in Pyjamas
- Bundt Cake Tropical by La mejor manera de hacer …
- Chocolate Coconut Tres Leche Bundt Cake by The Whisking Bowl
- Drømmekage (Danish Dream Cake) Bundt Cake by Brooklyn Homemaker
- Golden Tropical Coconut Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Key Lime Bundt Cake by Taking On Magazines
- Lava Flow Bundt Cake by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Lime-Coconut Bundt Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Piña Colada Rum Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- Pineapple Upside Down Coconut Cake by Adventures in All Things Food
- Speckled Tropical Bundt Cake by I Camp in my Kitchen
- Tequila Sunrise Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
- Tres Leche Bundt with Pineapple and Strawberry Whipped Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Tropical Hummingbird Bundt Cake by Tartacadabra
- Tropical Supreme Cake with Rum Cream Cheese Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.
Raspberry Mojito Bundt Cake