Healthy, nutritious and quick – this chaat* is tangy and refreshing. Have it as a side with any grilled meat or serve yourself a bowl of this for a mid afternoon snack. Are you one of those lucky ones who can munch on a tortilla chip once a while? Then go ahead and fill the chaat into tortilla cups or fillo cups. Enjoy the crunchy, tangy, goodness and feel the bliss in every bite.
- 3 -4 ears of corn or 1 ½ cup of frozen corn
- 1 C chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 C finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 C finely diced cucumber
- 1 Tbs mint leaf Chiffonade ( here is how )
- 2 Tbs- Fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp – Chaat masala powder
- ½ tsp finely chopped Thai green chilli
- Salt to taste
- Remove the corn off the cob ( Video Demo courtesy Gourmet.com)
- Now put the fresh or frozen corn (if using ) into a glass dish and add a tsp of water.
- Cover tight with cling wrap and make a small incision in the cling wrap before placing the dish in the microwave. Cook on high for 4 minutes.
- You can alternately steam the corn in a vegetable steamer.
- Allow the corn to cool and pour into a mixing bowl. Add the tomato, onion, cucumber and mint leaves.
- Add the salt, lemon juice, Thai green chillies, chaat masala and mix well.
You can add boiled potatoes, canned garbanzo beans, chopped cilantro and Imli chutney to the above chaat to make another variation. You can also make a chaat with just the garbanzo beans and boiled potatoes, following the same method.
Q -Where can I buy chaat masala?
A -You can buy chaat masala from any ethnic store.