“If you get up one more time than you fall, you will make it through.” ~Chinese Proverb
In all my time of cake baking, I have never had an epic cake fail. Sure there have been cakes that didn’t turn out as delicious or I didn’t much care for the texture but I have not had cakes just fall flat on me. Until Now. For this month’s theme for Bundt Bakers I suggested that we bake cakes with hidden surprises. How hard could it be? Hiding a little filling or a little something inside a cake sounded fun enough when we first started. But as it turned out, I had my first brush with cake failure.
I had the fun intention of baking a cake with some tropical flavors. So I got some pineapple and coconut and added them into some cream cheese and thought it would be a great idea to have sliced pineapple peep through the layers. Turns out.. it wasnt a great idea. The cake batter that was supposed to bake over the pineapple, never did it’s thing and the result was this :-
So I went back to the drawing board and thought I would mix the pineapple with some cream cheese and sugar to moisten it. At the moment I thought it was a great idea, only that it didn’t work either. Though you can see it rendered a good looking cake, the stuffing sort of melted inside and the surprise was on me.
They say, third time’s a charm! I really want to know who they were and what were they talking about!! Because my third cake, went straight to the trash can. It was my fault. I picked up a recipe from a food blog and since I was already tired, I just decided to simply follow it to the T. Worst decision ever. For one, the blogger was unknown to me. I just fell for the great looking pina colada filling she had in her cake. Gooey, yummy looking. If only I had the foresight, I could have made a “Pinterst fail” meme with my cake. Anyhow, the recipe didn’t work, the cake fell in and was under baked. And the luscious pineapple butter that I had made to fill the cake with was ruined and was now at the bottom of the pan in an ugly mess!
I had a huge meltdown and ate a whole chocolate bar while I started rethinking the process. So here we are, finally with a cake that worked,tastes absolutely tropically divine and hey, it also has a wee bit of surprise hidden inside.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme.
Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. The theme for April is “Hidden Surprise” – Bundt cakes with fillings or stuffing. There was no constraint on filling and flavor choices.The only
requirement was that the cake be filled/stuffed inside. Anshie from SpiceRoots was our host for this month.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.
I want to say a Huge THANK YOU to all the fellow bloggers who baked the Hidden Surprise Bundt cake with me this month. These guys and girls were the reason I tried my cakes not three but four times. They kept on going and baking cake after cake to get the theme right. They inspired me to do better. A lot of butter and eggs have been demolished to bring you these cakes this month. So do visit each of these blogs and leave a comment to inspire, encourage or just say hello. If there is anything we bloggers like as much as a cake that bakes like a charm, it is the wonderful comments you all leave us.
Here are the warrior bloggers with their amazing bundt cakes this month!
- Almond Crunch Cake – Magnolia Days
- Balsamic Strawberries Bundt Cake – Our Good Life
- Banana Maple Bundt Cake with Chocolate Star – Un Mordisco Un Pecado
- Black and White Surprise Bundt Cake – Patty’s Cake
- Chocolate and Vanilla Polka Dot Bundt – Passion Kneaded
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Oreo Cheesecake Filling – Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Peanut Butter Bundt Cake – Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Citrus Raspberry Bundt – Noshing With The Nolands
- Confetti Zebra Cake – Eat, Drink, Be Mighty
- Cookie Dough Bundt Cake – Liv for Cake
- German Mozarthupf – A Kingdom for a Cake
- Graham Cracker Bundt Cake with Key Lime Cheesecake Swirl – Brooklyn Homemaker
- KitKat Surprise Bundt Cake –Simply Veggies
- Lemon Blueberry Van Halen Bundt – Food Lust People Love
- Orange and Strawberry Jam Bundt Cake – Baking Yummies
- Pear and Blue Cheese Bundt – Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Polka Dot Bundt Cake – Brunch with Joy
- Raspberry Filled Lemon Bundt – A Day in the Life on the Farm/
- Real Nutella Bundt Cake – Baking in Pyjamas
- Savory Monkey Bread Stuffed Bundt – Adventures in All Things Food
- Sour Cream Boozy Hazelnut Bundt Cake – Sidewalk Shoes
- Spring Break S’mores Cake – Tea and Scones
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bundt Cake – Basic N Delicious
- Strawberry Twinky Bundt Cake – I Love Bundt Cakes
- Strawberry Swirl Cream Cheese Pound Cake – Big Rigs ‘n Lil’ Cookies
- Surprise Bundt – Mummy & Cute
- Surprise Filled Chocolate Bundt Cake – Media Ración Doble, Por Favor
- Surprise Inside Carrot Bundt Cake- Making Miracles
- Triple Lemon Bundt Cake – Baking and Creating with Avril
- Tropical Surprise Bundt Cake – Spice Roots