Inspiring, creative, motivating and just simply full of life. That is Yvette in short. I met Yvette at a local blogger’s meet 10 months ago. It is difficult for most people to look bright and cheerful on a cold winter day, but Yvette was Vibrant and smiling her beautiful smile. The positive energy she oozed enveloped me immediately.
When we first met, the girls ( VERONICA + VANGIE + YVETTE) were still writing the book. Following the blog on Facebook, I got to know three generations of authentic recipes, so many stories and such inspiring tales. The one thing that truly touched me was the deep spiritual connection this family has with each other and with their roots.
When the book got published, a bunch of us pre ordered the books on Amazon. We were just so excited to get our hands on this beautiful book and wanted to be the very first ones to get it. But guess who got the very first copy of the Muy Bueno cook book ? The first lady Michelle Obama! Read about it here on the Muy Bueno blog.
When we got our copies of the book, our blogger friend Karen who writes the wonderful blog, Savory Table, hosted a celebration party. We all gathered on a beautiful Fall afternoon at Karen’s home and enjoyed inspiring and warm conversations with Barbara from Creative Culinary, Kirsten from My Kitchen in the Rockies, Holly from A Baker’s House, and Andrea from Fork Fingers chopsticks, Jill from Saucy cooks and Lea Ann. Enjoy this beautiful post on it shared by our blogger friend Lea Ann at Cooking on the Ranch.
Here are a few pictures of the afternoon for you all to enjoy. And I have a beautiful surprise gift from Yvette to share with one Lucky reader of the blog.
When I first received the book, I immediately knew which recipe I would be making first. The deep dark mysterious chicken mole. The Muy Beuno recipe for chicken mole is so easy to make and yet so delicious. I felt at peace while cooking and the aromas wafting through were seductive. We even packed the leftovers in our lunch packs. A must try recipe.
And now for the surprise gift! One lucky reader will be chosen to get an Autographed copy of the Muy Bueno cookbook.
What do you need to do ?
Write a comment on this post, telling me which recipe from the Muy Bueno Blog would you like to try first. A winner will be chosen by a draw. Multiple comments through facebook etc not required. One person gets only one entry into the draw.
Open to residents of United states only. Giveaway opens on November 2, 2012 midnight (MST) and closes on November 9 2012 , 6 p.m (MST)
Edit : Sunday Nov 18, 2012 – this giveaway is closed.
Congratulations Priti for winning the giveaway! Please send your address via email.
Chicken Mole & Celebrating Muy Bueno Cookbook – Inspiring Thrusday
- 4 1/2 c Water
- Salt to taste
- 1 small onion quartered
- 2 lb chicken breast
- 1 bay leaf
- Ingredients for Mole Sauce
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 bolillo cut into 1 in pieces
- 2 dried ancho chilies stemmed, deseeded and diced
- 2 california red chili pods stemmed, deseeded and diced
- 2 small tomatillos chopped
- 1 to mato chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds plus some more for garnish
- 2 tbs smooth peanut butter
- 1.5 oz Mexican chocolate
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbs Mole paste recommended Dona Maria
- salt to taste
- Cook the chicken:
- Heat the water, add salt, onion, chicken and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Lower the temperature to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20 min
- Once completely cooked, transfer the chicken to a plate and cool it off
- Shred the chick into pieces
- Discard the bay leaf, reserve the onion and the stock
- Make the Sauce:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet
- Add onion, garlic, chilis, tomatillos, tomato, bolillo and sesame seeds and saute for about 10 to 15 min until the mixture is soft
- Take the broth, the boiled onion from the chicken stock and the sauteed ingredients into a blender
- Add peanut butter, chocolate, cocoa powder, mole paste and blend until smooth. If you have a small blender, divide the ingredients into batches to ensure the mixture is smooth and consistent.
- Transfer this sauce into a large skillet
- Bring to a boil on medium heat and simmer for about 10 min stirring intermittently
- Add the shredded chicken and stir it in until all the chicken is covered with the sauce
- Lower heat and gently simmer for 10 min
- Keep an eye on the pot and stir continuously to avoid sticking to the pan
- Just before serving, sprinkle some sesame seeds on top
- Now you are officially in chicken chocolate heaven